I have decided to do a getting to know me blog post.
During the day I work in an open plan office dreaming of other worlds and by night I listen to the voices in my head as they let me write their stories.
- I live in Australia – hence the weird spelling variations.
- I enjoy going on hikes and scuba diving.
- I love reading, I devour the classics, science fiction, horror and romance and everything in-between.
- Romance books have always held a special place in my heart… generally, I look for kickass heroines and to die for heroes with lots of action.
- I watch anime and collect comics – sometimes I think I am trapped in the body of a fifteen-year-old boy.
- I have always dreamed about being a writer – unfortunately, I spent most of my life being told it’s not a career and to wait until my retirement.
- I once wrote to one of my favourite Romance authors (Sherrilyn Kenyon) and told her she was my writing idol (this was during dial-up days and pre Dark Hunter days) and she told me to keep working on my dream. And I am finally getting to meet her in March 2019.
- I once stalked Nalini Singh at a writing conference ( Genrecon 2017) then preceded to tell her how awesome all her books were.
- Growing up my favourite fictional couples were Rogue/Gambit (Marvel) and Sailor Moon/Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) – this may explain a few things about me.
- My favourite Romance movie is ‘The Crow’ (It’s a tragic love story if you haven’t seen it with a killer soundtrack) and the ‘Proposal’ (Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock, need I say more?).
- I have a collection of short stories and a manuscript from when I was in my late teens – those characters still come and say hi but I am not at a stage where I am ready to write about them again. But one day I will have the experience and the skill to do them justice.
- I have a dog, he is an Australian Kelpie named Rowdy and is very cute but super needy.
- I am a writer.
Meet Rowdy – super ball focused.
Where the magic happens…ok I spend a lot of time staring at the wall and its usually not this clean.
What about you? Do you have anything to share?